Vrbo is seeking an experienced Email Editorial Manager to join our Traveler Email Team. We are looking for a proactive and experienced email marketer who can develop best-in-class content strategies & continuously enhance the capabilities of our email marketing program to drive revenue and increase customer loyalty and satisfaction. This role will be responsible for developing, managing and testing a global email content strategy across dozens of email programs, for 20+ brands in over 13+ countries. This role requires analytical acumen, project management skills, and a desire to quickly test email content to drive the email channel forward.
If you look at emails and say “I could do better”, thrive on turning ambiguity into productivity, and have aptitude for scaling relevant, beautiful email content across multiple countries, this role is ideal for you.
What you’ll do:
- Take a forward-looking approach to global email content, accepting and helping to define cutting-edge editorial strategies. In short, lead the charge to write the new playbook on email content.
- Plan, and manage global content production, with our internal creative agency partners, to deliver global content for all email programs, in coordination with other channels like PR and Social, and related media digital channels.
- Lead the testing into new and emerging audiences and formats to support insight generation and strategy development, using content as your guide.
- Bring a disciplined, scientific approach to creative development, using testing frameworks as enablers, not constraints, to your creativity.
- Form relationships across the business with those who create, deploy and/or utilize our content including marketing, product, engineering, and business intelligence teams.
- Find untapped opportunities to engage out traveler base in content initiatives.
- Plan and coordinate production of content at a global scale, while providing local variance across markets and languages, with internal and external creative teams.
Who you are:
- 6-9 years of email marketing editorial experience for the travel and leisure industry.
- Ability to calculate the ROI on email content as various phases of the traveler journey.
- Serious creative chops in email marketing content: you can write a powerful subject line on a whim and improve conversion with a few changes.
- You have a portfolio of content that could win awards, a strong POV on what “good” vs “great” emails look like, and the ability to put yourself in the consumers shoes for all aspects of the email experience.
- Extensive experience in planning, implementing and scaling complex cohesive marketing/editorial projects across multiple geographies and/or business units.
- Exceptional attention to detail and thorough command of editorial and proofreading skills.
- Experience producing highly effective work within the deadline and cost constraints.
- Excellent project manager and self-starter, with the ability to work independently across multiple concurrent initiatives in a fast-paced environment with evolving priorities.
- Native understanding of the email, push and sms channel and has a solid grasp of why content on those platforms performs well.
- Ability to interpret data and analytics to inform content and audience testing roadmap.
- Knowledge of best practices for email marketing – email distribution, dynamic content, testing methodologies, deliverability, performance metrics, CAN-SPAM laws, list segmentation, and database hygiene.
- Ensure our email marketing content adheres closely to our voice, creating a consistent story throughout the experience.
- Agile mindset; even if you’re not formally Agile-trained, you a drive to quickly execute and pivot as needed while keeping an orderly workflow top of mind.
- Able to strike the right balance between the speed of innovation and the speed of the corporate machine; you are collaborative and team-spirited and also able to keep things moving and hold people accountable for individual and team results.
- Optimistic. Maintains a positive energy that inspires those around you.
- High-performance orientation with an appreciation for working smarter not harder.
- Ambitious. Ready to dig in and develop global social media content strategy, standard methodologies and build consensus while leading toward a north star vision.
- Comfort with ambiguity; able to build structure around oneself and the program where structure is currently lacking.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on Vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we’ve grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.